These policies describe the way we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accepted this policy when you signed up for our Service. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days’ prior notice by posting notice of the change on the "Policy Updates" page of our website. We last modified this Policy on March 1, 2019.
1. How we collect information about you
When you visit the DonorSpot.org website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, user type and other similar information.
- Financial information – the bank account numbers and credit card numbers that you link to your DonorSpot account.
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
We do not directly house financial information such as account numbers and credit card data but instead use an encrypted reference to our payment vendors who house your financial data in their own PCI-DSS-compliant data systems.
When you access our website, we may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We do no store any longer-lasting cookies to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
3. How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
4. How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support your request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
5. How we share personal information with other DonorSpot users
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the organization that you are sponsoring that or the individual that is sponsoring you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified DonorSpot customers.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you using DonorSpot. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are an DonorSpot customer and that the merchant should enable DonorSpot as a form of payment for your sponsorship.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through DonorSpot, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
6. How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint services and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services to you unless you have approved it.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer a product such as DonorSpot. These financial institutions may only use this information to market DonorSpot related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
DonorSpot will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
7. How you can restrict DonorSpot from sharing your personal information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
If you do not want DonorSpot, to share your personal information with other financial institutions for the purpose of marketing our jointly offered products to you, please notify us via email.
8. How you can access or change your personal information
You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging in to your account and changing your preferences in the Profile page of the "My Account" tab.
9. How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should email us or write to us at DonorSpot.
DonorSpot c/o Webenomic LLC
P.O. Box 6126
Albany, CA 94706